Introducing the NHL Writers’ League, where experts battle for glory…and money. But mostly money.
As I’m sure you all know, the NHL – or as I like to call it “The league that makes NFL players look like pansies” – has officially kicked off their 2010-2011 season. It actually kicked off in Helsinki earlier this week, but since I don’t know where that is (that’s somewhere in China, right?) we’re just going to ignore it. Friday and Saturday are the first major action days for the NHL, and to fire things up, we’re bringing you the NHL Writers’ League.
We’ve got 12 experts who know the NHL ice cold (see what I did there?), and I’m sure you’ll recognize all of them. The experts will be competing against each other every Saturday for the next seven weeks (if you want to get in on the NHL action, simply sign up and get cracking). We’ll also have blog posts informing you how the experts have done each week. So strap yourselves in, follow the contest, and be sure to say hi to these guys (and gal) on the site. Here’s the full roster:
1. Joe Yerdon (JYerdon) – Editor of Pro Hockey Talk on NBCSports.com
2. Sean Leahy (sleahy21) – Associate editor of Yahoo’s NHL blog Puck Daddy
3. Andrew Bucholtz (andrew_bucholtz) – Editor of Yahoo’s CFL blog 55-yard Line, Editor of Sporting Madness and Canuck Puck
4. Sean McIndoe – Editor of Down Goes Brown
5. Cam Davie (camdavie) – Editor of Canucks Army
6. Kevin Schultz (Schultz80) – Editor of Barry Melrose Rocks and writer for AOL’s NHL Fanhouse
7. Mike Chen (bswb97) – Editor of From The Rink
8. Julie Veilleux (metricjulie) – Editor of metricjulie.com
9. PPP (PensionPlanPuppets) – Editor of Pension Plan Puppets
10. Michael Remis (illegalcurve) – Producer, Webmaster, Twitterer & Tech Wizard for Illegal Curve
11. Gary Wilson (landsharkhockey) – Editor of Landshark Hockey
12. Chris Wassel (chriswassel) – Editor of Inside Hockey
Entry filed under: FanDuel NHL Fantasy Writers Contest. Tags: .