FanDuel’s Fantasy Football Writers League Week 4 Report: Nathan Zegura is headed to Vegas
Considering the writers league consists of a ton of guys who know their fantasy football cold, it was only a matter of time before someone won a seat in Vegas and a chance at $40,000. And Nathan Zegura of The Fantasy Consultant did that this week.
By the end of the Monday Night Football game, Zegura sat on top of the overall scoreboard with 146.94 points. Zegura will now head to Vegas on the weekend of Dec. 4-5 to compete for $40,000.
As for the rest of the experts, this was a brutal week, which tends to happen when Michael Vick drops to the ground like a shot dog early in the Eagles/Redskins game and Chris Johnson doesn’t do much. Needless to say the results this week would have been a lot different if Vick had actually played.
One special note for the writers, even though Zegura has won a seat in the finals in Vegas, that does not mean that the contest has concluded. The writer who places the highest – without actually winning the FFFC contest overall – still gets a free trip to Vegas and $500. Chet Gresham of Razzball remains the writers league leader, having finished in 8th place during Week 2.
Here are Week 4′s final rankings and point totals for the writers league:
1. Nathan Zegura – Founder of The Fantasy Consultant (tfc_zegura) – 146.94
98. Matt Mullin of Philly.com (philly_sports) – 113.9
105. Jimmy Traina – Sports Illustrated (jimmy_traina) – 112.36
107. Will Brinson – CBS Sports football blogger and writer (rwbrinso) – 112.22
113. Marc Caviglia – Bruno Boys Fantasy Football (brunoboys) – 111.6
148. Paul Hickey – Founder of NoOffseason.com (nooffseason_com) 106.64
195. Brian Berkowitz – Senior Director of Digital Media at Maxim.com and Blender.com (bberkowitz) – 101.24
226. Will Leitch – former editor of Deadspin, contributing editor to New York Magazine, Sporting News columnist (will_leitch) – 97.84
288. Paul Greco – Founder of FantasyPros911 and associate editor of Baseball Digest (paulgreco) – 92.74
325. Randy Youngman – Columnist at Orange County Register (R_Youngman) 89.54
336. Andrew Isaac – Sports editor at Guyism (isaacand) – 88.38
365. Ben Ice – Founder of RotoExperts, Senior writer at Fantasy Sharks (ben_ice) – 86.28
366. Chet Gresham – Editor at Razzball (cgdoc) – 86.06
397. Joe Kinsey – Founder of Busted Coverage (bustedcoverage) – 82.74
398. Joe Fortenbaugh – National Football Post (national_football_post) – 82.5
417. Jack Decker – Lead fantasy football writer at Sports Blog Nation (thesavant) – 81.28
530. Eric Fisher – Sports Business Journal (e_fisher) – 66.68
534. Matt Ufford – Editor at Uproxx Media, author of Warming Glow, founder of With Leather and Kissing Suzy Kolber (matt_ufford) – 66.26
535. Tom Lorenzo – AOL Fanhouse and RotoExperts fantasy writer (snydayre) – 66.16
567. Stephen Douglas – Writer for The Big Lead (crm_stephen) – 57.88